Friday, July 3, 2009

How I wish I had good news

But I've got nothing like that. Dad passed at 1:40PM yesterday. It was, according to Mom and Sis, peaceful and painless. I was in the drive through at McDonalds, waiting for my burgers so I could be late for my counseling appointment. At Hospice. O, the irony.

Memorial will be on Monday. No suits, no ties, Aloha shirts encouraged. I'll give directions for anyone interested over private email. No flowers, please, but we're accepting donations for the family.



6 comments:

CaitieCat said...

Really sorry for your loss, Kathleen. I wish I were in a spot to help more directly. :/

Kathleen Brook said...

CatieCat: Thank you so much. Honestly, you open letter to the asshat at Toronto Pride was enough help. Hubby and I got a good few giggles out of 'anal millner.'

RachelB said...

Over from Shakesville-- I'm so sorry for your loss, and I will be thinking of you and your family.

CaitieCat said...

I think, when I have gone to my long sleep, I shall want no greater praise than this: "She made me laugh."

Thanks, Kathleen. It's a lovely thing to be able to make someone else happy in the midst of your own grief.

Maud said...

Also here via Shakesville. I'm very sorry for your loss, Kathleen, but glad your father's pain is ended. I was my mother's caregiver for a while when she was being treated for and eventually dying of cancer, and I know how unpredictable and exhausting it can be. Despite your grief, I hope you and your family can get some rest now.

Anonymous said...

{{hugs}}

I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I could have been there for you.