Sunday, February 15, 2009

I hate the whole fucking world

I pulled my back (hoisting grandma C off the ground after she fell), I've had to listen to four different people try to tell me what kind of treatment dad should have - none of the doctors. The next person to suggest a macrobiotic diet will be smacked.

Aunt J decided to give a nice lecture about how dad shouldn't take chemo. Ever. "Remember what happened to MJ!" MJ was a high school friend of Mom's who got leukemia. She had a one in a billion reaction to chemo - words cannot even describe how she suffered. So, yeah, I see where she's coming from. But it NOT HER FUCKING DECISION! Dad's doing chemo and radiation for two reasons: to get his balance back (by shrinking the tumor pressing on his balance center) and to give him a few more months. If he'd decided not to do treatment, or that acupuncture and TCM were for him, we'd support him all the way.

And I saw a guy with a lovely bumpersticker:

If I wanted a bitch, I'd get a dog.
I guess warning the population you're a wankstain and waste of oxygen is actually a god thing, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{hugs}} Hadn't heard from you in a while, so I'm checking in.

And I can tell you from (second hand) experience, that a macrobiotic diet will not help in the slightest, and the end result is having *not* eaten all the tasty food that makes you happy, and honestly, what would be the point of that?

I wish you all the best and tell everyone they're in my thoughts.