Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"No tears..."

That's what my dad said today. "No tears, I've had a wonderful life." He hasn't gotten a dignosis, but he's already trying to get us ready for the worst. The docs aren't helping - they're pretty much assuming a positive biopsy result and talking about the oncologist coming in to talk about treatment options.

Mom's friends have been activated - they're going to be coming over to offer support and distraction. And I'm trying to figure what the hell kind of system dad's set up for this eBay thing they have going. There's Auction Wizard, and UPS WorldShip, and eBay itself... my head is spinning and the hospital doesn't have wifi so he can just SHOW ME.

I'm having to play Health Nazi for mom - making sure she eats and sleeps, etc. She's calling her doc (the one who looked at dad and pretty much shrugged - 'I dunno') tomorrow for anti anxiety meds. I've given her an Ambien and hopefully she'll get some sleep tonight. Hopefull I will, too.

No comments: